Thursday, April 12, 2007

Final Paper Proposal ~ Kirsten Nicholls

Run Lola Run, directed by Tom Tykwer, 1998

I will be writing about this film, Run Lola Run, because I have known about this film since high school and have been a big fan since first viewing it some six or seven years prior. I will relate this film to our studies in this course by looking at the concept of real time as discussed by Virilio in his article “Perspective of Real Time, Optics on a Grand Scale” and also by Deleuze. I will narrow my scope by focusing on the use of opsign and sonsign throughout the movie. For outside sources, so far I have found the following: The Cinema of Krzysztof Kieslowski: Variations on Destiny and Chance by Marek Haltof and Vertigo: The making of a Hitchcok Classic by Dan Auiler. This movie is very complex in the amount of cinematic techniques that are used. I would like to discuss these different techniques, but I am concerned that they will either detract from the paper itself. I am also concerned about how I should write in these cinematic techniques and still have a small, stream-line paper in the end.

No comments: